October is an awesome month. Cooler temperatures, no need for A/C or heater , sweater weather, pumpkin everything, Octoberfest, my son’s birthday, and Halloween. I just love October!
Here is a list of things I want to do this October.
1. Nashville has several cool museums but they can be pricey (the admission to Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is $25). Yikes! The Tennessee State Museum, on the other hand, offers FREE ADMISSION. Yay, my kinda museum. The museum has several interesting exhibits which my son and I can enjoy.
2. I recently made my own Pumpkin Spice Latte and I loved it. It’s so easy to make and during fall a can of pumpkin costs around 80 cents or less. I even give a teaspoon of canned pumpkin to my dogs every morning. They love it! I think I’ll stock up on pumpkin puree this month so I can make pumpkin latte year-long.
3. Every fall I clean out my closets. I push the summer clothes to the back of the closet or I store them in a box. I recently went through all my clothes and discovered an old leather jacket I haven’t worn in ages. But you know what, I like it and plan on wearing it this month. I might even go for an all-black look and be a “cool” mom. Haha!
4. Octoberfest is here and as a native German I’ve got to celebrate. Bring on the spaetzle, bratwurst and apple strudel. This month I will go back to my roots and make one German meal after another.
5. Lately I have been obsessed with plain rice cakes. They are basically air with puffy rice but I can’t stop eating them. I had two for breakfast this morning. Yeah, it’s that bad. My son doesn’t understand why I like something that tastes like cardboard. I don’t know, I just love them. Maybe it’s time for a new snack. I am thinking homemade apple chips. I’ll let you know how they turn out.
6. Last year, the kids and I visited a farm that had a pumpkin patch, corn maze, hay wagon rides, games, petting zoo, etc. It was so much fun. It was there that I discovered unusual-looking pumpkins and I have to say they appeal to me. They aren’t perfect, yet beautiful and unique. I want to bring them to my front porch and enjoy their unusual beauty.
I hope I was able to motivate you to enjoy this gorgeous month. There’s only one October each year – let’s make the most of it. Happy October! 🙂