My daughter Melody loves granola. She likes it stirred into her yogurt or oatmeal, or made into bars. The day before she moved to college I made some vegan granola for her. I really don’t care for store-bought granola; it’s very pricey and full of added sugar. Here is a recipe I’ve come up with. It’s crunchy and slightly sweetened. The college girl loves it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/4 cup almonds
• 1/4 cup coconut
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp canola oil
• 3 tsp agave nectar
• 2 tsp maple syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put the oats on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile roughly chop the almonds. Put the oil, agave, and maple syrup into a pan and bring to a boil.
4. Remove the oats from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cinnamon, almonds, and coconut. Pour in the syrup mixture and combine. Return to oven and bake for a 15-20 minutes.
5. Take it out of the oven, give it another stir and allow cooling completely before stirring in the raisins.