How to Turn Bread Ends into Chocolate Bread Pudding
September 3, 2013
By admin s
Chocolate Bread Pudding
You know that first and last slice of bread in a bread bag that everyone touches but nobody really wants? Well, I call them bread ends; others refer to them as “heels” or crust.
In my household nothing gets wasted since we’re always on a tight budget. This “heel” thing was always nagging on my mind since I hate being waste full. You can imagine how happy I was when I discovered a way to use these bread ends.
I use these scraps to make amazingly delicious chocolate bread pudding. I freeze the ends and when I have about 12 slices, I bake the “pudding.” It’s super easy and very yummy.
• 12 slices of bread ends
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup of sugar
• 2 cups of almond milk or regular milk
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 2 tsp cocoa powder
• ¼ cup chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350 F
• Grease baking dish
• Mix eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, cocoa powder together
• Put the cut up bread ends in the baking dish
• Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
• Pour mixture over it and let it sit 10 minutes so the mixture absorbs into the bread
• Bake until it is golden brown and firm when you touch it, around 40-45 minutes
• Top it with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream. Enjoy!